Are you consistent with your workout? I’m not – a bad habit I know – and one of the many effects I can detect out of it is how my skin behaves. Without exercise I feel my body accumulating toxins and salt. I start to bind up water and tend to prefer a diet that is far from skin-friendly. Then, when I do hit the gym my skin immediately reacts by trying to get rid of all the nasty stuff! I break out, skin gets even more dehydrated and itchy. I sweat a lot and generally feel the need to speed up my cell turnover to get rid of dead skin cells. One of my fastest remedies post-workout has always been to mask.
For those of you following @thatluxuriousfeeling on Instagram, you have seen me post a lot about ultra high-tech skincare brand HydroPeptide. I previously wrote an article to clarify why I’m so invested in the brand (and ultimately think you should invest in it too). If you want to read the entire article, you’ll find it here. If not, I shall simply repeat the core of the brand and why it makes it completely different from most other premium skincare brands on the market:
- With over 60 peptides, antioxidant rich botanical stem cells, vitamin infused formulas and a technology based of the science of Epigenetics – heritable changes in the gene function that do not involve changes in the DNA sequence, the brand stands out. Epigenetics controls how genes are read by our cells. Genes make proteins and these are necessary to enable communication between our skin cells. As Peptides are basically a string of proteins they automatically become very helpful in active skincare. HydroPeptide also clearly communicate that no peptides can work alone. Having a fancy skincare claiming that it is the peptides that makes the difference is simply not true. The magic lies in the combination between correct peptides and other actives.
There you go. Whatever other fabulous and active ingredients they then add to each product, the bottom line is that you’ll get a fine setup of peptides that are added in combination with those additional ingredients whom will assist the peptides to work. Simply put: just because a brand claims to use peptides, it is not enough to ensure that they will actually do something for your skin. HydroPeptide is different.
HydroPeptide holds a number of beautiful masks and for post-workout (or before a night out) I recommend you to try their Purifying Mask. Imagine you stepping into the shower after a though workout. The skin is red and blotchy, maybe warm and a bit swollen? You feel the sweat and grime and those pesky pimples and blocked pores are already showing.
This little multi-tasking, intelligent gemstone mask is your answer for everything!
first of all, it takes care of any dead skin cells to unblock pores and speed up cell turnover with an active dose of Protease Enzymes. I always prefer a chemical peel over a physical one and this one will do the job gently but effectively.
Then the buttery smooth Kaoline & Bentonite Clay starts to extract any impurities and work on those acne spots to clear up the skin. I personally cringe when people say that ingredients will dry out the spot. If that’s what you’re up to; it is not a safe or beautiful way of clearing your skin! Now, here comes the peptides, there is an entire bunch of them added to the mask:
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8: also called the relaxing peptide. With its water-binding properties it works as a beautiful “anti-ageing” agent. Some claim it needs to be carefully formulated to be able to penetrate the outermost layer of the skin to reach down to where actual fine lines are “produced”.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein and Hydrolyzed Soy Protein: both moisture-binding peptides and well known for their ability to work as pore-minimizers. No, enlarged pores can not close, but you can experience a visible effect of tighter and smoother skin when those pores are all cleaned out. Skin will look clearer, smoother and “firmed up”.
- Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract: a beautiful hydration peptide. Built up of three amino acid residues: glycine, histidine and lysine, it is used mainly because of its ability to regenerate and protect the skin by retaining moisture and water. It takes care of and heal wounds (acne) while also working on increasing collagen and elastin production.
- Tripeptide-1 and -10: our beautiful plumping peptides! While I don’t want to say that this is a lifting mask (because lets face it: no ingredients are physically able to lift skin, for that, you need a surgeon!) I will say that with the plumping effect your fine lines and wrinkles will be filled out from within and your skin will appear to be more firm and “held together”. The swollen red face from your workout will disappear.
To assist all of these glorious peptides, the Purifying Mask also contains strong antioxidants such as Retinyl-Palmiate for protection and and acceleration of cell turnover. Gone with the dead and up with some new, healthy skin! With a high dose of Hyaluronic Acid it will restore any hydration loss from you sweating your heart out.
The mask shall be applied onto clean skin and this is the best part of my post-workout routine: it is super cooling and gives that nice tingling effect as the enzymes work. The entire puffy, hot face will calm down and glow with fresh radiance upon rinse-off! As this is a chemical peel product, it is not advisable to use more than twice a week. You shall never overdo it. Be kind to your skin and let it heal and replenish.
Enriched with Green Tea, Cucumber and Lemon Fruit Extract there is a faint but fresh scent to the mask to cover up the “clay feeling”. This adds to my perception of the mask as cooling – it is not overly fruity, strong or sweet. I smells “medical”.
I truly recommend you all to try the brand and this mask out. HydroPeptide uses what they call their proprietary VLR-technology; where the correct variety of peptides at clinical levels with continuous repetition will ensure true anti-ageing results. It is all in the superior balance of formulation. Try it! Buy it! ♥