First of all; I wish to say thank you for all your warm, kind, supporting and positive comments regarding the SPOTLIGHT Interview that is currently featured over at MediaSource’s front page. what might appear to be easy and laid back was in fact a hard decision for me. When I was approached by the question to figure in an interview my immediate response was to decline. You all know this about me, I shy away from any kind of spotlight. It makes me feel uncomfortable. Therefore, it means a great deal to me that you all took the time to write me such sweet and encouraging comments – you sure knows who your friends are when something like this happens!
As a result of the interview, I’ve received a number of emails where there seem to be some curiosity about me (I can’t understand why, I’m no one special) and as a coincidence, there is this tag floating around in our IG community, where you all have posted 20 random facts about yourself. Yes, a lot of you have tagged me in that post and so, here goes: more is more, I guess!
- I’m 34 years old and live as an Expat in beautiful Dubai with my husband.
- The center of my world, or at least my attention is our sweet cat. She’s my precious – I’m a proud cat-moma and have always had cats in my life.
- I don’t smoke and I’m very sensitive to any type of smoke around me.
- I’m an educated college teacher, I have a Masters in Education and History and loved teaching. Education is in my blood.
- I also studied Chemistry, Biology and Physics at University – it started out as a bet (My husband is a Chemist) but turned out to really suit me. Go figure!
- I had a pale pink vanity table with a large threefold mirror in my childhood bedroom. I think it all started there.
- I’m afraid of almost everything: height, deep water, dark, people, spiders…the list goes on.
- I hate skiing, really truly hate it.
- I drive German cars. BMW or Audi.
- I’m obsessed with good food, it doesn’t have to be fancy but it needs to be well cooked with a lot of heart and flavor.
- I’m a great cook but useless when it comes to baking.
- I love watching the West Wing, Brothers and Sisters, Gossip Girl and ofc Satc. If I’m ill, Gilmore Girls is my go-to comfort zone.
- I’ve been drawing and sketching for as long as I can remember. I have a huge need for a creative outlet.
- I’m a loner and introvert. I can be very talkative but it doesn’t mean that you know me. I’m never lonely when I’m alone.
- Contrary to pretty much everyone else, I don’t like the Urban Decay NAKED palettes. At all.
- I’m not fashion – my style is very simple with high quality. I like black, dresses, high heels and always wears scarves and pearls in my ears.
- Rings on my fingers makes me feel claustrophobic, it’s very common for me not to even wear my wedding ring.
- I’m crazy proud of my younger sister, she’s a really cool chick.
- London is my favorite European city – the only place I would want to live if we ever relocated back to Europe.
- I have no tolerance with nosy, pushy, false, cruel or calculating people. I only surround myself with kind, loving, generous and gracious people with respect for borders and privacy. My friends means the world to me.
Did you all fall asleep now? This is just some small facts about me that I hope will give you some insight to who I am.
Regarding the picture at the top: I had the huge pleasure of shooting my own pictures for the MediaSource interview and this one got chosen as it is not brand- or category specific. I tried to pick some of the products that represents me the most and sometimes a picture says more than 20 written facts – at least to those who speak the same language. It will be very interesting to me to see what you can read out of this picture! Let me know over at IG or below in the comments what kind of person you detect from it! ♥